Our Coaches and Managers are our greatest asset.
It is through their passion, patience and skill that the talent of our youth is fostered and developed. With an emphasis on quality training, Bankstown Sports Stars Football Club aims to provide a valuable sporting and social experience for all our players and develop talented players.
If you would like to Coach or Manage a team in 2020, please contact:
- firstname.lastname@example.org for Junior teams 5s to 11s
- email@example.com for Competitive teams 12s +
The selection of Coaches and Managers takes place over the two weeks following final registrations.
Each team is required to have 1 Coach & 1 Manager (RTO – Registered Team Official).
If the Club has any ‘available’ coaches they will be appointed as the need arises.
There must be a minimum of one (1) Coach registered with every team nominated. This nominated person must wear their registration card at all times when officiating at their team’s games.
Registration is free and includes insurance cover with the “Accident Support Program”.
The main role of the Team Coach
- Coordinate training sessions
- Game day team selection, strategy & substitutions.
For coaches who have a Grassroots Coaching Certificate and wishing to go on to do the Junior Licence Course, more information can be found on the FFA Coaching website. This Course does have a fee but the Club will reimburse the fee upon passing the course.
There must be a minimum of one (1) Manager/Registered Team Official (RTO) registered with every team nominated. This nominated person must wear their registration card at all times when officiating at their team’s games. The RTO is the team manager. The RTO Manual is available by visiting Information/Forms tab. Click here.
The role of the Manager (RTO) is to
- Forward information that is sent out by the Club to all team members
- Communicate to players training times, match time, social events etc.
- Complete the Match Cards
- Look after the players ID cards and present them to the opposition Manager for inspection before each match as well as checking the opposition’s cards.
- Relay any concerns from the Coach or yourself to your Age Coordinator
Does our Club embrace the Child Protection Legislation?
Absolutely! Anybody involved with your child must sign a Prohibited Employment
Declaration and through the implementation and strategies that assist in preventing child
abuse from occurring, our club takes a pro-active role in helping to foster
a safe and positive environment for every child to participate.
If I still have any questions, who do I call?
If you are unsure about anything, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call your club representative.